Sasol's chemical cluster consists of businesses that produce polymers, solvents, surfactants, aluminas, waxes, fertilisers, explosives and phenolics. They market a range of products worldwide to customers in more than 100 countries.
Reaching the chemicals frontier
The acquisition of the Condea Group has expanded Sasol's operational footprint globally in solvents and olefins & surfactants, this opened doors for geographic diversification.
The company has successfully commissioned Sasol Solvent's third 1-octene plant at Secunda, in South Africa. The plant uses new technology to create
octene, a comonomer used to produce certain plastics.
- Sasol Polymers: Produces and markets monomers, polymers and chlor-alkali
- Sasol Solvents: Manufactures and markets various solvents and
- Sasol Olefins & Surfactants: Manufactures and markets surfactants, alcohols, linear alkylbenzene, inorganic speciality chemicals, oleochemicals as well as other organic intermediate chemicals.
- Sasol Nitro: Manufactures and markets ammonia, industrial
explosives, blasting accessories and fertilisers.
- Sasol Wax: Manufactures and markets waxes, petroleum jellies and
- Sasol Infrachem: Converts natural gas into synthesis gas for use
as petrochemical feedstock.
- Merisol: Manufactures and markets phenolic products.