Sasol’s strategic goal with ethics is to achieve business success on the earned foundation and reputation of Sasol as an ethical enterprise.
Sasol’s ethics strategy is principles based and anchored in the company’s shared values, especially the value of integrity. Ethics is applied sensibly based on sound reasoning.
The Sasol ethics programme has two main focus areas:
- proactive – advancing and promoting an ethical Sasol culture group wide
- reactive – ensuring that all reports of potential transgressions are appropriately received, investigated and resolved.
The success and longevity of the Sasol ethics programme relies on the correct tone at the top of the organisation, with a visible demonstration of leadership’s belief in and commitment to an ethical organisation.
This commitment is required to breathe life into the eight elements of the programme managed by the Sasol Group Ethics Office, which are designed to drive a strong ethical culture. The components of the programme are to:
- develop, implement and lead cost effective and business integrated group ethics strategy;
- identify ethical risks and opportunities and mitigate ethics risk exposure;
- develop and implement appropriate codes, policies, procedures, protocols and controls;
- institutionalise and shape a strong ethical culture, approaches and practices;
- enable violation detection, reporting and objective investigation and resolution outcomes;
- facilitate and support appropriate and effective governance structures and mechanisms;
- apply appropriate enabling technologies that ensure ethics management effectiveness and efficiency;
- monitor ethics culture and climate and report on programme performance;