Welcome to Sasol!
Sasol is an international integrated chemicals and energy company. Through our talented people, we use selected technologies to safely and sustainably source, produce and market chemical and energy products competitively to create superior value for our customers, shareholders and other stakeholders. We develop and commercialise technologies, and build and operate world-scale facilities to produce a range of high value product streams, including liquid fuels, chemicals and lower-carbon electricity. We employ more than 30 000 people working in 33 countries. And now you will form part of this very special Sasol team!
The Sasol Orientation Programme will equip you with the basic information and knowledge to help you navigate your first few weeks at Sasol. Please see the Orientation Programme agenda that is applicable to your place of work, e.g. Secunda, Sasolburg or Sandton.
Please read your Letter of Appointment very carefully. It is imperative that you provide the required documentation (as stipulated in your Letter of Appointment) on day 1 of the Orientation Programme to ensure the enrolment process is finalised quickly and effectively:
- Original Identity Document or Passport (these documents should be in your possession every day of the orientation programme)
- 2 x Certified copies of your Identity Document (NB! Only current copies – not older than three months – are accepted. If it is a copy of an Identity Card, please provide a copy of the front and reverse side)
- Certified copy of your Identity Document of your spouse (NB! Only current copies – not older than three months – are accepted)
- Income Tax reference number
- Proof of full time student status for medical aid dependants age 18 – 21
- All dependents’ full names, identity numbers and unabridged birth certificates. (An unabridged birth certificate contains both parents’ names and identity numbers, as well as the identity detail of the child)
- Bank confirmation document (with original bank stamp) containing the bank account number to be utilised for salary payment purposes
- Proof of residence. Should you rent, an affidavit from the property owner must be made available
- Certified copy of marriage certificate (if applicable, not older than three months)
- Certificate of membership of previous medical aid. This document must contain end date of current medical aid (if applicable)
On this site you will find valuable information regarding the Medical Aid, as well as Retirement Fund options. These presentations will be discussed with you on day 1 of the orientation programme. You will then be afforded the opportunity to make a final decision on which retirement fund you wish to join.
Should you have any enquiries, please remember that your first point of contact will always be your HRC/HRBP. Please make contact with the appropriate individual for pre-employment guidance and support.