BEWARE: SUSPICIOUS AND FRAUDULENT ACTIVITIES
To help you identify any fraudulent activities, kindly take note of the following when receiving any Request for Quotations (RFQ’s) from Sasol:
1. There are only two mechanisms which RFQs are issued by Sasol:
A. Electronically via SAP, by the ‘once-off’ supply chain team. When printed, this document looks the same as the Sasol purchase order
B. Manually by Category Management or Capital Project Procurement which will take place via email or an SAP Ariba invitation.
- All Manual RFQ’s are consistently structured in the same way:
- The document will always request electronic delivery to email@example.com or submission via SAP Ariba. No other email addresses should be used or copied*.
- The subject line of the e-mail will always contain the following information:
- The name of the responsible Sasol Supply Chain Specialist/ Advisor
- The closing date and time
- The RFQ unique reference number
- When issued via SAP Ariba, the subject line of the e-mail will read: “Sasol has invited you to participate in an event: [Description of the RFQ]. The unique RFQ reference number will appear at the bottom of the e-mail and will either start with DOC…. (For Ariba Sourcing RFQ’s) or a ten digit number (For Ariba Discovery RFQ’s)
2. In the case of a manual bid submission, a bid box and its location will always be stipulated. The format and clause should be similar to the following:
The BIDDER’S QUOTATION shall be submitted to SASOL in a sealed envelope, clearly endorsed as follows:
Quotation – Confidential
Request Number : ________________________________
Supplying of Work : ________________________________
Sasol Representative: ________________________________
Closing date and time : _________________at____H______
BIDDER’s name : _______________________________
The sealed envelope must be deposited in the Quotation Box specified, at the different official sites in Secunda, Sasolburg or Sandton.
3. There will always be the details of a Sasol contact person in the RFQ document. The email address will be in the format: name.surname@Sasol.com.
4. The following headings will normally appear in the Sasol RFQ document:
- THE FOLLOWING DEFINITIONS SHALL APPLY
- PROCEDURE FOR SUBMITTING QUOTATION
- COMMUNICATION WITH SASOL
- REQUEST FOR QUOTATION MEETING AND/OR SITE VISIT (IF APPLICABLE)
- SASOL GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- SECURITY, SAFETY, HEALTH AND WORK REQUIREMENTS
- QUOTATION OPENING AND EVALUATION
- AWARD OF CONTRACT
- BROAD-BASED BLACK ECONOMIC EMPOWERMENT (B-BBEE)
- EVALUATION AND COMPARISON OF QUOTATIONS
- QUOTATION SUMMARY
- SASOL LIST OF COMPANIES
- DESCRIPTION OF THE WORK
5. The Sasol RFQ will always refer to the Sasol Operating Model Entity (OME) that requires the good/service. It will also contain the Sasol OME’s company registration number and its Value Added Taxation (VAT) number
6. A site visit to a Sasol site will be required for any on-site services. You will not be requested to visit any other non-Sasol sites.
7. In the event that the delivery address is that of a non-Sasol site, please confirm the authenticity before delivery is made.
Should you wish to clarify the validity of any Sasol RFQ, please get in touch with the Sasol Contact Centre on +27 860 104 777 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Please report RFQ Fraud to the police and email@example.com