APPLY FOR THE SASOL BUSINESS ACCELERATOR PROGRAMME
The Sasol Business Incubator is inviting you to be part of this exciting small business development initiative
Sasol is looking for high potential small business to accelerate to greater height by providing them with business development support and assisting them with marketing linkage opportunities
- Do you have an active CIPC registered business?
- Does your business have 51% or more black ownership?
- Is your business tax registered?
- Has your business been operating for longer than 6 months?
- Is your annual turnover less than R10 million?
Do you operate in one of the following industries?
- Engineering Services
- Industrial Facilities
- Engineering Maintenance
- Waste Management
Is your business based in one of the following municipalities?
If your business meets the above requirements and you are interested in applying for the programme, please CLICK HERE to access the application form.
- Application forms should be submitted with all the required supporting documents.
- Completed forms together with the supporting documents should be emailed to email@example.com by 11:59am on 22 September 2021.
- Applications are open until 11:59am on 22 September 2021. No applications sent after the closing date will be considered. Successful candidates will be contacted via firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Applicants who have previously participated in an incubation or accelerator or any other development programme will not be considered for this opportunity.
CLICK HERE to apply for the Sasol Business Accelerator Programme.
CLICK HERE to view the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs).
THE SASOL BUSINESS INCUBATOR FACILITY
The development of entrepreneurs is one of the most effective ways of stimulating economic growth, transformation and the creation of jobs in our communities. We recognise that a growing small, medium and micro-sized enterprise (SMME) sector is vital for broadening economic participation and delivering on our country’s economic development objectives.
Sasol’s Enterprise and Supplier Development function was established to ensure focused and integrated delivery of Sasol’s programmes aimed at contributing to the development of the SMME sector and the diversification of our supplier pool.
The Sasol Business Incubator (SBI) is located at the Eco-industrial Park in the industrial heart of Sasolburg and was developed through a public-private partnership between Sasol and the Department of Trade and Industry (the dti) to accelerate the successful development primarily of local start-up small and medium enterprises (SMEs).
The objective is to promote the sustainability of SMEs by providing an array of business, technical and financial related support solutions together with fully equipped manufacturing facilities, essential business infrastructure and a network of experts and services.
The facility comprises five main areas including:
- A 2 000m2 double storey Main Building consisting of conference, meeting and training venues, an entertainment area and offices for service-related enterprises.
- SBI One is a 500m2 area divided into three general, small scale manufacturing spaces and 12 offices.
- SBI Two is a 500m2 area that has a large chemical storage and dispensing facility, four partitioned spaces for manufacturing of chemicals and cosmetics, four final product storage spaces, a central facility for packaging and labelling, a raw material storage space and a small laboratory for general analysis
- SBI Three is a 450m2 area that contains three partitioned spaces and a communal production area for manufacturing various products.
- SBI Four is a 450m2 area allocated as a single space for mechanical fabrication.
The intention is to enable and host a sustainable economic ecosystem comprising a diverse mix of SMEs, service providers and stakeholders that can support each other as well as other businesses located in the Eco-industrial Park.
The incubation model supports SMMEs in two distinct phases namely – physical and virtual. Physical incubation support ranges from 3 to 24 months during which time they should graduate and leave the incubation facility with the intention of establishing their enterprise in the Eco-industrial Park. During the virtual phase, the SBI team of Incubator Specialists will continue to support these enterprises for 36 months to ensure sustainability.
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT SUPPORT
The SBI team of Incubation Specialists will guide each Incubate during the development programme and will also provide or facilitate the following services to the SMMEs:
- Funding solutions
- Coaching and mentoring
- Access to expert networks
- Business and Technical training
- Engagement sessions and workshops
OFFICES AND INFRASTRUCTURE
Excellent, serviced office space is available to Incubates at an affordable rate. The rate includes shared access to resources and facilities including admission control and security, receptionist, telephone, fax machine, Wi-Fi network, computer, printer, cleaning service, maintenance and beverages (tea and coffee). In addition, the four conference rooms on the ground floor are available to hire on an hourly basis.
Depending on the development requirements of the enterprise in the incubation programme, development funding may be afforded to assist the enterprise in the start-up process. This could amongst others include but is not limited to, development funding for training, quality management systems, Safety, Health and Environment (SHE) processes, Human Resources (HR) support, branding, corporate identity and marketing. If the business is awarded a contract with Sasol and becomes a Sasol supplier then the Siyakha Loan Funding facility may be considered.
The following entry criteria applies for the Sasol Business Incubator:
- Businesses with 51% or more Black Ownership.
- With an annual turnover of less than R50 million.
- Registered with CIPC as a legal entity.
- The business must be tax registered
- Must be operating for at least 6 months
- Must have a business growth plan
The business must be operating in an industry or category that feeds into the Sasol business value chain.