CALL FOR APPLICATIONS
THE SASOL 3D Printing Development Programme
In partnership with Nashua and Elogium, Sasol is excited to launch its first 3D Printing Development Programme. Entrepreneurs are invited to participate in this exciting small business development initiative, which will be hosted at the Sasol Business Incubator facility in Sasolburg, Free State.
WHO SHOULD APPLY?
- Black and youth entrepreneurs interested in adding 3D printing to their business offering and those already in the field, looking to advance in additive manufacturing products.
- Black and youth-owned businesses with the following skillsets: Engineering, 3D and Engineering Design, Mechanical Product Design, Draughting and ICT
In order for your business to be considered for the Sasol 3D Printing Development Programme, the following minimum requirements must be met:
- CIPC registered business entity
- The business must be 51% black-owned and/or black-women owned
- The business must have a valid tax number
- The business must have been operating for longer than 6 months
- The business must be owner-operated, and the owner should be running the business on a full-time basis.
- The business must have an annual turnover of less than R10 million
- The business must be operating within the 3D Printing and Additive Manufacturing sectors or can demonstrate capabilities in the following skillsets Engineering, 3D and Engineering design, Mechanical Product Design, Draughting and ICT.
- The SMME has never participated in an incubation programme.
IF YOUR BUSINESS MEETS THE ABOVE REQUIREMENTS AND YOU ARE INTERESTED IN APPLYING FOR THE PROGRAMME,CLICK HERETO APPLY APPLICATIONS CLOSE 3 JUNE 2022
THE SASOL BUSINESS INCUBATOR FACILITY
The development of entrepreneurs is one of the most effective ways of stimulating economic growth, transformation and the creation of jobs in our communities. We recognise that a growing small, medium and micro-sized enterprise (SMME) sector is vital for broadening economic participation and delivering on our country’s economic development objectives.
Sasol’s Enterprise and Supplier Development function was established to ensure focused and integrated delivery of Sasol’s programmes aimed at contributing to the development of the SMME sector and the diversification of our supplier pool.
The Sasol Business Incubator (SBI) is located at the Eco-industrial Park in the industrial heart of Sasolburg and was developed through a public-private partnership between Sasol and the Department of Trade and Industry (the dti) to accelerate the successful development primarily of local start-up small and medium enterprises (SMEs).
The objective is to promote the sustainability of SMEs by providing an array of business, technical and financial related support solutions together with fully equipped manufacturing facilities, essential business infrastructure and a network of experts and services.
The facility comprises five main areas including:
- A 2 000m2 double storey Main Building consisting of conference, meeting and training venues, an entertainment area and offices for service-related enterprises.
- SBI One is a 500m2 area divided into three general, small scale manufacturing spaces and 12 offices.
- SBI Two is a 500m2 area that has a large chemical storage and dispensing facility, four partitioned spaces for manufacturing of chemicals and cosmetics, four final product storage spaces, a central facility for packaging and labelling, a raw material storage space and a small laboratory for general analysis
- SBI Three is a 450m2 area that contains three partitioned spaces and a communal production area for manufacturing various products.
- SBI Four is a 450m2 area allocated as a single space for mechanical fabrication.
The intention is to enable and host a sustainable economic ecosystem comprising a diverse mix of SMEs, service providers and stakeholders that can support each other as well as other businesses located in the Eco-industrial Park.
OFFICES AND INFRASTRUCTURE
Excellent, serviced office space is available to Incubates at an affordable rate. The rate includes shared access to resources and facilities including admission control and security, receptionist, telephone, fax machine, Wi-Fi network, computer, printer, cleaning service, maintenance and beverages (tea and coffee). In addition, the four conference rooms on the ground floor are available to hire on an hourly basis.