Move. It’s the movement of our fuel through the Polo Vivo’s engine. It’s the motion of wheels hitting the road. It’s how we get our customers from where they are, to where they need to be. It’s moving to the sound of your favourite songs, whilst managing twists and turns that come along the way. It’s the cool breeze of the aircon on your face through the heat of South African traffic. It’s driving to exciting destinations, meeting new faces, exchanging moving stories and creating new ones. It’s forgetting all that life has thrown at you whilst driving to get to the ones you love.
We’re giving you the chance to win your very own Polo Vivo trend-line so you can get moving with Glug-Glug.
All you have to do to stand a chance to WIN 1 of 5 Polo Vivos is:
- Spend R300 or more at any Sasol.
- Fill in your details (name, surname and cellphone number) on the back of your original till slip.
- Place your till slip into the competition box in store to enter.
The Competition commences on 5 March 2020 and runs until 29 April 2020.
Terms and conditions apply.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Please read the Promotional Competition Terms and Conditions (“Terms and Conditions”) carefully. Your participation and entry will constitute your agreement to comply with these Terms and Conditions.
This Promotional Competition (“the Competition”) is organized by Sasol Oil (Pty) Ltd, Registration Number 1981/007622/07, its associated group of companies, their designated agencies or promoters and companies in association with the Competition (“the Promoters”).
1. Who may enter
- The Competition is open to citizens of South Africa who hold a South African barcoded green ID Book or ID smartcard.
- All persons entering this Competition (“the Participants”) agree that the Terms and Conditions, rules and provisions as set out herein are binding on them.
- By entering this Competition, all Participants acknowledge that they have the legal capacity to enter the Competition and hereby agree to be bound by the Terms and Conditions as set out herein, which Terms and Conditions will be as interpreted by the Promoters.
- The Promoters’ decision regarding any dispute will be final and binding and no correspondence will be entered thereafter.
- Every Participant must be a natural person of 18 (eighteen) years or older at date of his/her entry into the Competition.
- Every Participant must be in possession of a valid South African Driver’s License.
2. Who may not enter
- Participation in this Competition specifically excludes any employee, director, member, partner, agent or consultant or any person who directly or indirectly controls or is controlled by the Promoters and/or immediate family members of any employee, director, member, partner, agent or consultant of or person indirectly or directly in control or controlled by the Promoters, their advertising agencies, advisers and dealers (“Disqualified Persons”).
- Participants may not enter this Competition or be declared a winner if they have won a competition promoted by the Promoters within the preceding 6 (six) months of the Competition commencement date.
- Companies cannot participate in this Competition.
3. Competition period
- The Competition commences on 5 March 2020 and runs until 23:59:59 29 April 2020, both days inclusive (“the Competition Period”).
- All entries must reach the Promoters before the stipulated time and date and no late entries shall be accepted.
- The Competition Period may be extended or curtailed at the discretion of the Promoter.
4. Entry Mechanics / How to enter
- To enter Participants need to spend R300.00 (three hundred rand) or more on fuel and/or Sasol Convenience Centre purchases (in a single purchase) at any Sasol between the dates and times as set out in 3a above.
- Participants are required to legibly write their Name, Surname and Cellphone or Landline number on the back of their original till slip and deposit this till slip in the entry box at the Sasol site. In the event of a lost or damaged original till slip, Sasol will accept a duplicate till slip, subject to verification of the authenticity and submission before Competition closing date.
- Entry to this Competition does not make a Participant a winner.
- If the Participant has won on a specific cellphone or landline number, no other numbers will be accepted by the Promoters or used by the Promoters to contact the Participant.
- Multiple entries are permitted provided that each entry must be for separate purchases of R300.00 (three hundred rand) or more (in a single Purchase) on fuel and/or Sasol Convenience Centre purchases and in accordance with entry requirements. Multiple entries of the same purchase will result in disqualification.
- Participants with a valid entry stand a chance to win 1 (one) of 5 (five) 1.4 Polo Vivo Trendlines (Model No 6rs2a4)(hereinafter referred to as “Polo Vivo”)
- Participants are only eligible for 1 (one) prize in this Competition.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for entries lost, misdirected, illegible, late or altered. Entries that do not comply with these Terms and Conditions will be disqualified.
- It is the Participant’s responsibility to ensure that any information provided to the Promoter is accurate and complete.
- This Competition is limited to 1 (one) till slip entry per purchase of R300.00 (three hundred rand), and any dispute in this regard will adjudicated on by the Promoter, whose decision shall be final.
- Any and all tax implications and liabilities as a result of winning the Prize will be solely borne by the Winner. Such obligation includes registration of the Polo Vivo at their own cost. Sasol shall provide a temporary permit valid for 21(twenty one) days for the Polo Vivo.
- Winner will be responsible for insuring the Polo Vivo prior to receipt from the Promoter.
5. Prizes and Draws
- A “Prize” consists of 1 (one) of 5(five) Polo Vivos.
- A participant shall only be eligible to win 1(one) prize when entered into the draw.
- The prize shall not be transferable to cash. No substitution or assignment of the Prize is permitted.
- The Prize can only be handed over to the Winner if all details provided by the Winner to the Promoter are factually correct and requested supporting documentation, including the disclosures as referred to in 6e hereunder, are provided.
- The Prize may differ from that shown on the promotional material with regard to colour and specification.
- The Promoters reserve the right to substitute prizes with any other prize of similar economic value.
- The Prize shall be subject to stock availability and in the event of no stock being available, the Promoter in its sole discretion shall determine a suitable replacement in accordance with the Terms and Conditions.
- The lucky draw for the Prize will be held by the Promoter on the 30th of June 2020.
- The Winners will be randomly chosen from all qualifying Participants in the form of a draw.
- The draw will be supervised by an independent auditor or a registered accountant, or an attorney or advocate at Sasol Place, 50 Katherine Street, Sandton, South Africa, 2196 or an alternative address determined by the Promoters.
- If for any unforeseen reason the draw cannot take place on the date as anticipated, then the Promoter will endeavor to conduct the draw within a reasonable period thereafter and shall provide details of the new draw date on https://www.sasol.com/retail/promotions.
- 3 (three) telephonic attempts will be made by the Promoter to contact the winner on the day of the draw. If the Prize is declined or if the Winner cannot be contacted from the details supplied on their entry on such 3(three) attempts, a replacement winner will be drawn at the Promoter’s discretion and the replacement winner will be notified by the Promoter and the “winner contact” process will be followed.
- The same process will be followed should the replacement winner also decline or the Prize be unclaimed or the replacement winner cannot be contacted as set out in 5l above. The replacement winner must provide the till slip as proof of purchase.
- If the Winner has given his/her written consent, the Promoter has the right to publish the Winner's name and photographs (at no fee) in any advertising, promotional, print, point- of-sale or public relations material. The nature of these publications will be determined at the sole discretion of the Promoter, for a period of (12) twelve months from the date/s of the Prize draw/s.
- Once the Prize has been handed over to the Winner in terms hereof, the results of the Competition are final in all respects and no correspondence will be allowed thereafter.
- Any and all tax implications and liabilities as a result of winning the Prize will be solely borne by the Winner.
6. Notification of Winners
- The Prize Winners will be contacted on the cellphone or landline number used to enter the Competition and same shall apply to redeem the Prize and any further or other contact. Exchange of disclosures and supporting documentation shall be conducted via e-mail.
- The Promoters will randomly select a winner from all the entries received.
- For the entry to be confirmed as valid, the Promoters will contact the potential winner on the cellphone or landline number as per entry details and conduct the Competition verification process.
- If the potential winner cannot be contacted after 3 (three) attempts on the day of the draw, then the Promoter reserves the right to offer the Prize to the next potential winner.
- The Promoter will require the Winner to complete and submit an information disclosure document to enable the Promoter to ensure compliance with the rules and the provisions of the Consumer Protection Act 68 of 2008. Failure to submit these documents may result in the Winner forfeiting the Prize.
- The Winner may be required to sign a waiver of liability and indemnity before claiming the Prize.
- The Promoters may collect, store and use (but not share) any personal information of entrants for communication or statistical purposes.
- The Promoter is entitled to amend the Terms and Conditions hereof in so far as same is deemed necessary and such amendments may relate to any aspect of the Competition.
- The amendments may include the addition and or deletion of any existing and/or proposed terms and conditions of the Competition, which amendments may also affect the identified Prize.
- The proposed amendments may be affected during the Competition period which amendments may result in the Competition period being reduced and or extended as deemed necessary.
- It is the Participant’s responsibility to regularly check the website where the competition Terms and Conditions are made available as per clause 7b for any amendments. Refer www.sasol.com/retail/promotions
- If the Terms and Conditions are amended as provided for in clause 7a, such amendments shall become effective immediately or on such date as may be stated or determined by the Promoter. However, all Winners who have received confirmation of the Prize prior to such amendments effected will remain eligible to receive the Prize as awarded in accordance with the Terms and Conditions in force when they were selected as winners.
- No Participant shall have any recourse or claim against the Promoter because of any amendment to these Terms and Conditions or in respect of termination or suspension of the Competition in line with these Terms and Conditions.
- If the Promoter cannot continue with this Competition for any reason beyond its reasonable control or if it is required by any regulatory terms or applicable law, the Promoter may cancel, suspend or terminate the Competition on condition that:
- No winner has been declared; and
- Notice of such Competition cancellation has been given to all Participants.
- Any false or inaccurate information provided will result in disqualification.
- If the Competition is held to be or becomes unlawful or if the Promoter is required by the Minister of Trade and Industry or the National Consumer Commission or WASPA, to alter any aspect of the Competition, then to the full extent permitted by law, the Promoter reserves the right to suspend or terminate the competition immediately and without notice, in which event all Participants agree to waive any rights that they may have in terms of the Competition and accept that no recourse will be sought against the Promoter.
- The Winner’s use of the Prize shall be entirely at his/her own risk and he/she hereby indemnifies and absolves the Promoter from any liability or damage, arising from accident, injury, harm, death, costs, including direct, indirect, special incidental or consequential or any punitive damages and/or loss sustained because of the entry or participation in the Competition and possession or use of the Prize as won in the Competition.
- To the extent permitted by the Consumer Protection Act of 2008 (“CPA”), the Participant and/or Winner indemnifies and absolves the Promoter from claims arising from any loss, damage, harm or injury which the prize winners may sustain because of any claim which may be made against it by any third party.
- The Participant and/or Winner indemnifies the Promoter against any claim of any nature whatsoever arising out of and/or from their participation in any way in this Promotional Competition (including, as result of any act or omission, whether negligent or otherwise on the part of the Promoter).
- Any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with the Competition shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Republic of South Africa.
- The Promoter reserves the right to withhold the Prize until it is entirely satisfied that the claimant of the Prize is the bona fide Winner, and reserves the right to call for such proof as it may deem necessary.
- The Promoter accepts no liability or responsibility, whether occasioned by any circumstance not foreseeable and not within its reasonable control for late or delayed delivery of the Prize.
- To the extent that the Terms and Conditions or any goods or services provide under these Terms are governed by the CPA, no provision as contained herein is intended to contravene the applicable provisions of the CPA, and therefore all provisions must be treated as qualified, to the extent necessary, to ensure that the relevant provisions of the CPA are complied with.