We’re thrilled to be launching a brand new competition for you, our customers! Stand a chance to be (1) of (5) lucky customers to win a trip for two, to France.
- Spend R300 or more on fuel at any Sasol forecourt between 7 March and 1 May 2019 and retain till slip.
- SMS your name and “Sasol ” to 33073, follow the prompts in the response message and upload your till slip.
That’s all it takes to stand a chance to win this once-in-a-lifetime prize. We look forward to your participation, Good luck!
Click here to find your nearest Sasol Service Station.
This competition is just one part of an exciting new South African-focused fuel campaign we’re embarking on.
— Sasol (@SasolSA) March 7, 2019
TERMS AND CONDITIONS: Spend R300 or more on fuel and stand a chance win a VIP trip to Paris, France
1.Terms and Conditions
- This Promotional Competition (“the Competition”) is organized by Sasol Oil (Pty) Ltd, its associated group of companies, their designated agencies or promoters and companies in association with the Competition (“the Promoters”).
2.Who may Enter
- The Competition is open to citizens of South Africa who hold a South African barcoded green ID Book; smartcard; or South African passport
- By entering this Competition, all participants and winners acknowledge that they have the legal capacity to enter and agree to be bound by these terms and conditions, which will be interpreted by the Promoters. The Promoters’ decision regarding any dispute will be final and binding and no correspondence will be entered thereafter.
- All people entering this promotional competition (the entrants) agree that the competition rules asset out in these terms and conditions are binding on them.
- only individuals over 18 can participate in this competition; and
- valid passport with six (6) months leeway from date of travel.
3.Who may not enter
- Any employee, director, member, partner, agent or consultant or any person who directly or indirectly controls or is controlled by the Promoters and/or immediate family members of any employee, director, member, partner, agent or consultant of or person indirectly or directly in control or controlled by the Promoters, their advertising agencies, advisers, dealers. (“Disqualified Persons”).
- Participants may not enter this Competition or be declared a winner if they have won a competition promoted by the Promoters within the past 6 (six) months; Companies cannot participate in this competition.
The Competition commences on 7 March 2019 and ends 1 May 2019, both days inclusive. The Competition closes at 23:59:59 on 1 May 2019. All entries must reach the Promoters before the stipulated time and no late entries shall be accepted
5.Entry Mechanics / How to enter
- To enter, participants need to spend R300 or more on fuel (in a single Purchase) at Sasol and SMS their Name and “SASOL” to 33073. SMS cost R1.50 each. Free SMSs and SMS Bundles do not apply.
- Entrants must keep their entry till slips as proof of purchase to qualify for this Competition.
- Failure to produce the proof of purchase will result in immediate disqualification of the entry submitted.
- You will receive a reply confirming your entry into the competition
- Multiple entries are permitted provided that each competition entry, must be for separate purchases of R300 or more (in a single Purchase) on fuel and in accordance with entry requirements. Multiple entries of the same purchase will result in immediate disqualification.
- Entrants will be sent a reply SMS with a link to upload their Sasol fuel till slip and enter their personal details for final submission and stand a chance to win 1 of 5 VIP experiences to Paris
- Participants may enter the Competition as many times as they wish if they purchased fuel to the value of R300 or more each entry and retain their till slips per entry.
- Participants are only eligible for 1 (one) prize under this competition
6.Prizes and Draws
- A “prize” consists of 1 (one) VIP trip (for you and a partner) to Paris valued at R 125 000 (One hundred and twenty-five thousand rand) each plus an amount of spending money determined by the promoters
- Sasol Oil (Pty) Ltd will not be responsible for any visa requirements. Failure to arrange visas timeously will mean that the winner forfeits the prize. Any visa or related costs will have to be covered by the winners as per the visa requirements. Sasol Oil will not be held responsible should your visa be denied for whatever reason.
- Winners must share accommodation with their partner for the duration of the trip.
- The prize mentioned above is intended for 5 Couples so that the winner may invite a spouse/partner to accompany him/her when receiving the prize, however, if the winner elects not to invite a partner to accompany him/her on the applicable prize, he/she shall not be reimbursed for the costs of the spouse/partner.
- It is the winner’s responsibility to arrange his or her own transport to reach the departure point. The same will apply for the winner’s return trip.
- Failure to travel on the stipulated dates below for any reason will result in the prize being forfeited.
- All transfers, taxes, fees and pre-paid gratuities will be covered with travel insurance provided per traveller.
- The prize is not exchangeable, nor transferable, nor redeemable for cash and the Promoters are not liable for any defect in the prizes.
- The prize only be handed over if all details given are factually correct.
- The Promoters reserves the right to substitute prizes with any other prize of similar value
- winners will be randomly chosen from all qualifying entrants by a registered independent auditor and by means of a lucky draw to take place on _ at the premises of Sasol, 50Katherine Street, Sandton .
- 5 (Five) winners will be chosen 14 days (two weeks) after the competition closes.
- If the prize is declined or if the winner cannot be contacted from the details supplied on their submission within 3 (three) working days of the draw date, a replacement winner will be drawn at Sasol’s discretion and the replacement winner will be notified by Sasol and the “winner contact” process will be followed. The same process will be followed should the replacement winner also decline or the price be unclaimed or the replacement winner cannot be contacted. The replacement winner must provide the till slip
- If the winner has given his written consent, Sasol has the right to publish the winner's name and photographs (at no fee) in any advertising, promotional, print, point- of-sale or public relations material. The nature of these publications will be determined at the sole discretion of Sasol, for a period of (12) twelve months from the dates of the lucky draws
- Once the prize has been handed over in terms of these rules, the results of the promotion are final in all respects and no correspondence will be allowed.
7.Notification of Winners
- The prize winners will be contacted on the cell phone number that was used to redeem their prize, on the day of the draws.
- The Promoters will randomly select a winner from all the entries received. For the entry to be confirmed as valid, the Promoters will call the possible winner and conduct a competition verification process.
- If the winner cannot be contacted after 3 (three) tries on the day of the draw then the Promoter reserve the right to offer the prize to the next eligible winner.
- The Promoter will require the winners to complete and submit an information disclosure document to enable the Promoter to ensure compliance with the rules and the provisions of the Consumer Protection Act 68 of 2008. Should any winner refuse or be unable to comply with this rule for any reason, such winner will be automatically disqualified. The winner may be required to sign a waiver of liability and indemnity before claiming the prize. The Promoters may collect, store and use (but not share) any personal information of entrants for communication or statistical purposes.
- Sasol is entitled to amend the terms and conditions thereof in so far as same is deemed necessary and such amendments may relate to any aspect of such competition;
- the amendments may include the addition and or deletion of any exiting and or proposed terms and conditions of the competition, which amendments may also affect the identified prize money of such competition;
- the proposed amendments may be affected prior to the starting date of the competition and during the campaign period, which amendments may result in the campaign period being reduced and or extended as deemed necessary.
- it is the entrant’s responsibility to regularly check the website where the competition rules are made available as per clause 2 for any amendments.
- If the terms and conditions of this competition are amended in terms of clause 7, such amendments shall become effective immediately or on such date as may be determined by Sasol. However, all entrants who have received confirmation of the prize prior to such will remain eligible to receive the prize that has been awarded to them in accordance with the terms and conditions in force when they were selected as winners.
- No entrant shall have any recourse or claim against Sasol because of any amendment to these terms and conditions, termination or suspension of the competition in line with these terms and conditions
- If Sasol cannot continue with this competition for any reason beyond its reasonable control or if it is required by any regulatory terms or applicable law, Sasol may end the promotional competition on condition that – • No winner has been determined; and
- Reasonable notice has been given beforehand to all entrants.
- Any false information provided will result in a disqualification.
- If the competition is held to be or becomes unlawful or if the Promoter is required by the Minister of Trade and Industry or the National Consumer Commission or WASPA, to alter any aspect of the competition, then to the full extent permitted by law the Promoter reserves the right to suspend or terminate the competition immediately and without notice, in which event all participants agree to waive any rights that they may have in terms of the competition and accept that no recourse will lie against The Promoter.
- The Winners uses the Prize entirely at their own risk and indemnifies and absolves the Promoters from any damage arising from accident, injury, harm, death, damages, costs and/or loss sustained because of the possession or use of the Prize won in the Competition.
- The Winners indemnifies and absolves the Promoter from claims arising from any loss, damage, harm or injury which the prize winners may sustain because of any claim which may be made against it by any third party.
- The Participants and/or Winners indemnifies the Promoter against any claim of any nature whatsoever arising out of and/or from their participation in any way in this Promotional Competition (including, as result of any act or omission, whether negligent or otherwise on the part of the Promoter).
- Stouf Communications (Pty)Ltd is a member of WASPA and is bound by the WASPA Code of Conduct. Customers have the right to approach WASPA to lodge a complaint in accordance with the WASPA complaints procedure. Stouf Communications may be required to share information relating to a service or a customer with WASPA for resolving a complaint. WASPA web site: www.waspa.org.za.
- All queries relating to the premium rated shortcode to be directed to Stouf Communications. Email address. Sasol@stouf.com / 011 782 9720 (standard call rates apply).
- All queries relating to the travel (tickets and flight arrangements) to be directed to Red Carpet Travel.289-3229 (standard call rates apply).